“The real problem is not that we are different, nor that we disagree and have conflict. It's that most of us automatically view conflict as something negative rather than as a tool God can use to help us better understand ourselves and one another.

--Robert Ricciardelli”

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Hey, Coach? Where Ya Been?

Well, I had the surgery I mentioned a couple weeks ago. I had a combination of ulnar nerve entrapment and nerve compression in the left elbow. Yes, it hurt. It also caused nerve fire all the way up my arm and into the neck. Here is a good site for information on what was going on, and what the surgeon did.

So, now, I am on the mend. The fire is gone. Full elbow mobility and movement is returning quickly. However feeling is returning very slowly. The symptoms developed over about 3 years, so that's no surprise. The Doc says no strengthening work for at least another week. And, since my job requires a lot of keyboarding, and I am also in class at university of Phoenix (on-line), I cut back on how much writing I’ve been doing…specifically blogging. Rest assured, though, I will return (no…I don’t have a MacArthur complex…) to previous form as quickly as possible.

And, before I forget, I want to say thank you to everyone who has been asking about me via email. I appreciate your support and encouragement.