“The real problem is not that we are different, nor that we disagree and have conflict. It's that most of us automatically view conflict as something negative rather than as a tool God can use to help us better understand ourselves and one another.

--Robert Ricciardelli”

Thursday, September 07, 2006

My Thoughts On "The Path To 9.11"

The following is a comment I posted on a Mil-Blog I happen to like a lot! Anyone linking here, from there, feel free to leave your comments. Just to let you know, I served in the Air Force, my son-in-law is Airborne (just back from Baghdad) and my daughter is Army (currently in Kuwait). And, for the record, I am intensely proud of our military personell.

My Comment Posted At ONE MARINE'S VIEW

You know...some folks may not like some of this...But...

Just like Hurricane Katrina, where people on all sides and at all levels made some truly horrendous mistakes, there were a lot of things that led to 9-11. It didn't even start with Bush's cabinet members during prior administrations. It didn't even start with Clinton. And, I think we can be quite sure it won't end with Bush.

Personally, I don't have a problem placing blame where blame lies. As long it leads to holding people accountable. What Clinton deserves blame for, he should be held accountable for. What Bush, Bush Sr., Reagan, Carter, or any other President deserves blame for they, too, should be held accountable for it. But, placing blame can't be our ultimate goal. It is more important to address and fix the things that are broken. Any soldier knows you have to identify the problem. But you can't stop there--you have to address it with a solution, too.

I think this whole Left Wing/Right Wing thing has gone too far. All we really seem to be accomplishing is the further polarization of our population. And, as the car commercial says, "That can't be good." Are we really into continuing to build a country on popularity (i.e. opinion polls), based on political viewpoint?

Simply put, my opinion is that any program that only shows one side of an issue (or shows preference to one side) should NOT be aired.

All that said, I'm glad to see a major news thing that shows the part played by Clinton and others! It's about damn time it was declared that it's not all Bush's fault!

(And, for the record, I cross posted a shorter version of this to the http://thinkprogress.org/2006/09/04/path-blog-yanked)