“The real problem is not that we are different, nor that we disagree and have conflict. It's that most of us automatically view conflict as something negative rather than as a tool God can use to help us better understand ourselves and one another.

--Robert Ricciardelli”

Friday, December 01, 2006

12/1 Morning Report

I have read lot about how the Catholic Church is supposed to be the end-time one world religion. Lots of folks have heard that story. Right? Well, I’ve said before that is probably wrong. I suspect it will end up being Islam. Don’t think so? Then how come the Pope prayed towards Mecca? Now, I’ll grant the possibility that this is just another attempt by the Catholic Church to co-opt religions by taking on their practices. The Catholics have done a lot of that over the course of history. But, I don’t think it will work that way this time. Islam does not give way to others.

Meanwhile, a Dutch court sentenced Islamists

for planning terror attacks on politicians and the Dutch intelligence service.
. On the surface, this is good news. But, reading on, it is revealed that only some were sentenced. And, the worst sentence was only 8 years. And, these “penalties” were in spite of substantial physical evidence, and links to other convicted terrorists.
(…the outlook for Europe does not seem to be improving…)

And, did anyone see this article by the New York Times? Personally, I loved the first paragraph:
— In the cacophony of competing plans about how to deal with Iraq, one reality now appears clear: despite the Democrats’ victory this month in an election viewed as a referendum on the war, the idea of a rapid American troop withdrawal is fast receding as a viable option.
Now, where did I hear all that before? Do you think we’ll hear an outcry from the Lefties about how the Democrats lied?
(…would you be surprised if I said I’m not holding my breath…)

Speaking of Democrats and such, I’ve been working on a post for a while on the hypocrisy of Pelosi and company. I’ve read several lately that have given me a lot of good reading material via their links. But, sadly for me Cassandra beat me to it with this awesomely written piece.

There was an interesting article in today’s Ft. Worth Star Telegram. Now, I am a Christian. I believe the Bible is true, and THE Word of God. And, historically, America has always leaned towards accepting that belief. HOWEVER, I do not believe that government officials are required to be Christians—or follow Christian beliefs. So, I freely admit to being surprised by the announcement that someone wants to take the oath using a Quran. But, on reflection, I realize two things: (1) I shouldn’t have been surprised, given our pluralistic culture, and (2) he should be allowed to. We as Christians do not have the right to force others to believe and act according to what we believe. That is what has caused so much animosity towards the Church. We are, however, supposed to live according to what we believe—which is slowly being legislated away from us.
(…but that is another matter for another post…)

Castle ARgghhh! had a great post today. For those who read my thoughts on control of the internet, there is something new out in cyberspace. Check out psiphon.
(…can it break the hold of google?...don’t know…but it’s a start…go check it out…)

And for those who were involved in Valour-IT, someone has taken donations to the next level. Check out this Wedding Idea! WOW! Nuff said!