“The real problem is not that we are different, nor that we disagree and have conflict. It's that most of us automatically view conflict as something negative rather than as a tool God can use to help us better understand ourselves and one another.

--Robert Ricciardelli”

Friday, December 01, 2006

Afternoon Reading

I went to the bank this afternoon. I saw a headline, read the first paragraph, and just had to laugh. :

Appraisers see flaws in system
By TERRENCE STUTZ / The Dallas Morning News
AUSTIN – Texas schools lost $4 billion last year because property appraisers are unable to judge the true market value of property, according to a new study.
Here’s a link to the whole article.
(…hhhmmm…appraisers can’t figure out what property is worth?...and we why wonder our property values are so messed up!...)

Well, I recently joined a couple of blogrolls. So, I spent today visiting a few more writers. And, for my late day post, I thought I would share a few of the things I found.

First, Lt. Fishman (aka the Air Force Pundit) had a great analysis of the Iranian missile arsenal. I confess, I hadn’t ever looked at in that much depth. I was surprised at the both the capabilities and limitations of their weapons.

Want to see something really cool? Check out this Global Incident Map of actual and suspected terrorist incidents around the world.
(…H/T to Bear Creek Ledger for the map link…)

Speaking of the Middle East, I heard that Desmund Tutu is going to lead a UN “fact-finding” mission in Gaza. Kind of difficult to do if you already hate one side of an issue…Don’t believe me? Check out Yid With Lid. Make sure you follow all the links. Even if you do have an anti-Jewish bent, Tutu’s bias is pretty obvious.
(..of course, this “fact finding mission” begs the question: how come no one goes fact finding when a Palestinian attack kills Israeli civilians?...)

I also found links to two good reads over at ThirdWaveDave’s. There was an excellent write up on Congressional management of war. Well worth the reading. There was also this idea: No Pension for lawmakers who break the law!
(…I’m with Dave, though…probably happen about the same time pigs learn to fly…)