“The real problem is not that we are different, nor that we disagree and have conflict. It's that most of us automatically view conflict as something negative rather than as a tool God can use to help us better understand ourselves and one another.

--Robert Ricciardelli”

Saturday, January 27, 2007

01/27 Morning Report

I’m catching up with my reading these days. I spent the morning over at Blackfive. I enjoyed the depth…and the links…to this analysis of where things are going in Iraq.
(…go read this while you’re there…who says milbloggers don’t have a clear view of what’s going on?...)

In other Middle East news, apparently, the Iranians don’t like the US goal of taking out Iranian agent provocateurs in Iraq. What a shock! Iran doesn’t like not getting it’s way? I’m still waiting for Iran to be held responsible for them being there in the first place.
(…like the MSM will really get to that point…they still haven’t figured out their liberal rhetoric emboldens US opponents…pit that’s not treasons anymore…)

Even the Saudis are speaking out against Iran. Of course, that’s all about who gets to proselytize their religion.
(…makes you wonder just how widespread the sectarian violence might become…doesn’t it?...)

On the subject of nations causing other nations trouble, here was a surprising news item. It seems the EU has serious problems with ILLEGAL immigration problems. Frontex, the EU version of a border patrol, can’t even get enough applicants to fill vacancies. There was an earlier article on thisSeptember 10.
(…doesn’t seem like they are making any forward progress…are they taking lessons from Mexico and American Liberals?…)

Here at home, it seems immigration enforcement is, once again, just a tactic to inhibit union activity. Even the NY Time says those arrested were in the country illegally. But, the focus of the articlke revolves around statements by union organizers:

Gene Bruskin, an organizer for the union, said the company had started to cooperate closely with immigration authorities after a walkout by immigrant workers last summer. “My concern is the company is using the immigration issue to manipulate this long fight over workers’ rights,” Mr. Bruskin said.
I did like this closing statement by the Times:
Stepping up enforcement actions nationwide, the immigration agency also deported more than 750 immigrants this week who were arrested in roundups in Los Angeles. More than 150 of the immigrants were fugitives from deportation proceedings, officials said.
Imagine! Illegal immigrants, running from law enforcement…and still getting caught!
(…frankly, I don’t see anything wrong with this picture…)

On a personal note, and before I forget any longer, I want to say “THANKS!” to JR over at A Keyboard And A .45. He was gracious enough to give my boys some range time so they could learn the realities of what weapons can do. We live near each other, and I asked if he knew somewhere I could take my guys for some gun safety lessons and experience. He graciously offered to let us spend a day with him, and even provided the ammunition. He posted his take on the day. I’m still trying to get my boys to write up theirs. I’ll post it when they do. Meanwhile, JR always has a good read or two. I recommend you keep him on your list of regular visits.