“The real problem is not that we are different, nor that we disagree and have conflict. It's that most of us automatically view conflict as something negative rather than as a tool God can use to help us better understand ourselves and one another.

--Robert Ricciardelli”

Monday, October 23, 2006

By-Bye Hitch!

Everyone in Dallas was wondering how long Hitchcock was going to last in Philly. The report of his firing actually came out yesterday. But, working nights, I tend to be about 12 hours behind on some stuff. It stinks.

Anyway, according to this article at ESPN, the Flyers players were saying the same thing the guys in Dallas were saying when HItch left here: "We tuned him out." (...what a surprise...) The general consensus is "GOOD!" It wll be interesting to see if Stevens works out in Philly like Tippet has in Dallas. So far, Tippet is doing OK for the Stars. I actually like him. But, personally, I'm wondering how long he'll really be around if he doesn't solve the playoff issues of the last couple of years.

Meanwhile, back in Philly, it seems Bobby Clarke decided he's had enough, too. I really liked this quote in the article:

"I am tired and decisions had to be made and I was not willing to make them. I was letting other people make the decisions."

(...Don't you wish you could use that to get out of your job...)