“The real problem is not that we are different, nor that we disagree and have conflict. It's that most of us automatically view conflict as something negative rather than as a tool God can use to help us better understand ourselves and one another.

--Robert Ricciardelli”

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Oh No! A MEME!

I don't normally get into these things. But, a friend of ours e-mailed us this one today. And, I thought I would do this one just to let y'all know a little more about me. Enjoy!

1. FIRST AND MIDDLE NAME? Got Both, actually.
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Nope…but I look like I belong in my family…I even look like I belong to my wife’s family. (More so than she does even…)
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? 27 September. Last time I checked the Any Soldier website and found one of the participants had passed away. Having sent so many packages to so many soldiers, it’s like they are all family.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Not really…I remind me too much of my doctor.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Smoked Turkey
6. KIDS? OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! The best five in the world! (and an awesome grandson, too!)
7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Sometimes. I can be pretty unyielding and self centered if I'm not careful. I can also be a lot of fun sometimes, too. I randomly do some off the wall things. My boss is often at a loss with me. So, luck of the draw actually.
8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? There is this Blog of random thoughts here…I also have a notebook for things I sense from God, and more private thoughts. So…I guess that makes one and a half?
10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes.
11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Before kids, I would have said, “SURE!” Since then…well… someone recently shared this, “There is just something inside me that makes me think jumping from a very tall structure with nothing to keep me from splattering on the surface below me except for a rubberband tied around my ankles isn’t wise.”
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Lucky Charms. Oh, and Sugar Pops. Oh and Frosted Flakes….How come you only let me pick one!
13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Usually, I’m too tired to care about it. Of course, in the morning I’m frustrated trying to get them undone so I can put my shoes back on….
14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Uh….. Physically-I have given up the idea that I need to lift weights to be buff and impressive. Not to mention a back surgery and two knee surgeries. Mentally, spiritually, and emotionally-I train regularly. And, I’m getting stronger.
15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? (...What is this with the only one thing? You can actually tell me you only have one favorite ice cream?)
16. SHOE SIZE? 11 1/2
17. RED OR PINK? Red…although, my wife and a couple of friends keep trying to talk me into a pink golf shirt for the shock value…we’ll see..
18. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Insecurity.
19. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Grampy. Actually, I miss all my grandparents. I wish I had spent more time listening to their stories...
20. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Well…duh…(I probably shouldn’t say that since I’m strying to keep my kids from using it…oh well.) That’s why I’m putting it here….
21. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? It’s 10:00 am. Jeans and baarefoot.
22. LAST THING YOU ATE? I had a couple of bites of Blue Bell Double Chocolate Brownie ice cream last night before bed!
23. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The Worship Station--internet radio.
24. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? (...Again with the “one” thing…Are you insinuating I can only be a one dimensional person?! Do you know how much work I went to just to get the color on this page the way I wanted it?! One color…sheesh!)
25. FAVORITE SMELL? The smell of my wife’s skin when I hold her close. After that...the smell of a crisp winter day—which I don’t get very often in Texas, let me tell you. And, then, fresh cut grass or hay.
26. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Jerri
27. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? I think it’s the eyes. But, actually, some folks just draw me in and some don’t. I haven’t found a definite reason.
28. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Oh, yeah. She’s funny, unpredictable, bold and honest as the day is long. A true friend for my wife and I.
29. FAVORITE DRINK? Only one…Coke. (yeah...I just broke the two cardinal drinking laws of Texas--iced tea and Dr. Pepper...so sue me) Of, course, any soda--Coke in particular--is best served after being buried in ice such that your hand freezes trying to dig out the cold bottle. (I don’t know why, but that always seems to be the coldest crispest way to drink it.)
30. FAVORITE SPORT? There’s something besides Ice Hockey?! Surely, you jest! Seriously?!
31. EYE COLOR? Hazel. (Actually, they go anywhere from green to gold, depending on my mood.)
32. HAT SIZE? I have no idea. )You have no idea how long it’s been since I’ve worn a hat.)
33. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? no
34. FAVORITE FOOD? I love good Asian, Italian, and Mexican food. We found a pretty good Middle Eastern Restaurant not too long ago, too… So, really, it’s whatever I am craving at the moment.
35. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED AT THE MOVIE THEATER? Uh….Cars?
36. COLOR SHIRT YOU ARE WEARING? Forest green t-shirt—no writing on it.
37. SUMMER OR WINTER? Winter. What else would a hockey coach say? Not to mention I love the mountains. Beaches are good for a visit, but...
38. HUGS OR KISSES? Person to person, you can’t beat a good hug—with kisses from my wife (always) and kids (most of the time). After that, those foil wrapped chocolate thingies (with caramel) are awesome!
39. FAVORITE DESSERT? (...Back to the one thing? You even made me try to pick one ice cream!!!) ...hhhmmm...Cheesecake...with cherries or blueberries, of course. Or, a good Tiramisu. But, there are times when simple chocolate cake with chocolate icing (cream cheese, of course) is divine, too. OH…And, my wife makes these unbelievable cream cheese swirl brownies! (Did I remember to mention something about Blue Bell Double Chocolate Brownie ice cream?)
40. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Good question...we'll just have to see.
41. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Jerri, since she sent it to us.
42. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? I just took a batch of “new releases” back to the library…But, I still have: I Robot (I'm reading it to the kids, as a literary exercise), Teach Yourself XHTML, and The 14th Annual Science Fiction Collection. I’m also re-reading Tony Campolo’s “Partly Right.”
43. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Actually, it’s a corporate mouse pad. They gave out gift packs to all us employees a couple months ago. I brought it home so I would quit wearing off the finish on the top of my desk.
44. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? CSI Miami. Mondays are my first night off from work, so we just kind of veg. Now, we watched a couple DVDs last night as a family..but I don’t think that counts.
45. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Rain. The sound of a stream flowing over rocks--or a cascading waterfall. The sound of snow falling. The roar of a good motor. Really tight vocal harmonies. My kids playing (...closely followed by any kids playing)
46. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? OK…I’m going to commit sacrilege here…I don’t really like either one. Both of these groups had some good stuff. They also had some real trash. And, I know they impacted music and the rest of the world in a massive way. But, I’m really one of those people who doesn’t really have a favorite artist.
47. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? I went to Bermuda twice. After that, California.
48. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? Coaching and teaching. Song writing. Fiction Writing. And, loving on people. At least I like to the think I am good at the last one (I keep getting told I’m getting better at it anyway.)
49. WHEN AND WHERE WERE YOU BORN? St. Louis, MO. September 5th.