“The real problem is not that we are different, nor that we disagree and have conflict. It's that most of us automatically view conflict as something negative rather than as a tool God can use to help us better understand ourselves and one another.

--Robert Ricciardelli”

Saturday, November 11, 2006

For Veterans Everywhere

As usual, I am a little behind the times. Hazards of working nights…I generally run about 12 hours behind. So, Veterans Day has actually come and gone. And, yet, I proudly stand and say, I served.

I wanted to write something to those who have fought, whether surviving or not, for the causes of freedom. But, I could not come up with something that made any sense. All I did was ramble on and on. So, instead, I will share some links from various blog sites I visit.

Castle Argghhh had this outstanding piece. It helps put the people around us in a different perspective.
Op-For shared his thoughts on sacrifice.
This and This come courtesy of Blackfive.
El Capitan has a couple of links to history that are well worth checking out. Take time to stroll through the Medal of Honor Winners.
Sgt Allen had this post at Contact Right. It may not have been posted for Veterans Day, but it definitely applies.
LoveMyTanker posted this letter from President Bush.
Andi’s World shared this post from the past. Another awesome post that will change your perspective.
SpouseBUZZ had this idea on how to spend your veterans day.
(…really any day, if you have an airport around you that has troops transiting through it, and the time to stop by…)

Thank you all. These are the words I wanted so much to say. And, I will close by saying at our house, we remember the cry of the warriors:

"Tell them of us and say,
For their tomorrow, we gave our today."
--The Kohima Epitaph--

To all who have served, we remember what you have given. And we say thank you for the tomorrows you have given others. May God give back to you and your families more than they have sacrificed and lost. And, now, in memory of the fallen, we dance In Memoriam.